Friday, May 06, 2005

Memories of Charles

Visiting Uncle Charles

 

Waking up before light I could hear you moving around

Getting ready to start your work day

While all I would do was play

If I was lucky, I would get to see you at supper

Which was always a natural upper

 

The summers were always hot

And you made sure the pool was ready for us little snots

We loved the smell of the hay and cow poop

Stay out of the barn you would say

With a smile on your face as you went away

And we would quickly scamper over the barn stoop

 

The occasional ride on the tractor

Was quite spectacular

And we all dreamed of the day we could drive

With some having the guts to try

 

There was always a glint in your eye

As you spoke about the farm

It seemed it could never bring any harm

As long as we believed in the sky

 

With my love and fondest memories.  You are in Gods hands now.

 

John Hensler

 

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home